Position: Registered Nurse, Medical/Emergency Room/Outpatient Services
Shift: Dayshift, Nightshift
Hours: 12 hour shifts: 5a-5p/5p-5a, Some Weekends and Holidays Required
LCH is seeking a PRN RN/RN Charge at our 14-bed Critical Access Hospital, who has a passion providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity.
Some of the services provided at our facility: acute care, skilled nursing care, emergency department, and outpatient services. This position covers each of these areas.
Our newly updated facility features a state of the art emergency department, utilizing Avera ecare telemedine. This assists our nurses and providers in delivering high-quality healthcare with a faster response, quick specialty interventions, and helps us achieve better patient outcomes with additional staff support.
Registered Nurse/RN Charge Responsibilities:
- Promotes and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process
- Collaboration with Providers and multidisciplinary team members
- Providing physical and psychological support to patients, families and friends
- Supervising assigned team members
- Knowledge and nursing practice compliant with the Kansas Nurse Practice Act and generally accepted standards and patient care practice
- Versatility and multi-tasking required to work in multiple departments of the facility: acute/skilled care, emergency department, as well as outpatient services
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN) from an approved accredited college/university, or graduation from an approved nursing program within 3 months
- BSN from an approved college/university
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing eligible to sit for NCLEX within the next 3 months at the time of employment application is required
- Current Kansas RN license
- Basic Life Support certification from either American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Health Care Provider or Basic Life Support (American Heart Association-Health Care Provider) successfully completed within the first 60 days of employment
- Minimum specific certifications and competencies required within two years postdate of hire: ACLS and PALS (continued education/recertification offered at no cost to employee)
- Experience in Medical inpatient services, or Emergency Room preferred
- No previous experience required, but must possess the desire and ability to learn
For more information about this position, contact Christa Haesemeyer RN/CNO at 785.524.4403 ext 265
Lincoln County Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer